Wednesday, May 11, 2011

slightly better

My shin is slightly better this morning.

I went to spinning class, and had to get off within 2 minutes. The pulling up part of the stroke hurt too much, sadly. However, I was able to do the elliptical. I did 45 min, and then my right calf got a bit sore (compensatory?) so I stretched it and got back on. Then my toes started falling asleep after 5 more min, so I decided that would be it. I tried the stationary bike with a higher resistance and focusing on the push part of the stroke, but that lasted 2 min before I started to have a little pain and gave up. So, 52 minutes total (was hoping for 60, but I'll take it). It felt good to exercise.

Then it was off to work. I parked in the usual parking spot that requires 1/2 mile walk, and I made it in! My shin hurt a little but at least I was able to walk that far, which is better than yesterday.

I have to say I'm worried about Sunday's race. I can barely walk 1/2 mile today, and I'm supposed to do 9.3 on Sunday, fast? I know a lot can change in 4 days, but still...

***

Edited to add - forgot to post yesterday. I took a rest day yesterday, as my shin was quite painful. I parked in the pay lot, which is a much closer walk. Cost me $7 but it was worth it I think.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Tammy, you sound like I did before I did that marathon in 2002. A few days of rest can make all the world of difference.

Relax and get that man of yours to give you a relaxing back rub.

Tammy said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ollie. I'm hoping that it will be enough time.

I wish Loren could give me a back rub. Unfortunately, he's in worse shape than me. He is quite deconditioned and he managed to turn himself into a quite a wreck by doing 4 hr of strenuous yard work on Saturday; he can't sleep, is taking vicodin for the pain, and had to call in sick from work. Oops...on the positive side, he realizes this might be a good motivator to get in shape.