Saturday, May 07, 2011

cross-training

I definitely needed a breather today from racewalking. My right shin is still quite sore, and my left foot is a bit grumpy too. The elliptical was the perfect antidote. I read Runner's World and did an hour on the elliptical at about a 7:25/mile pace. It was super easy on my foot and my shin, and though it was quite hot in the gym I enjoyed the hour of reading and exercising.

I'm very, very tired. It's been a long week and I haven't been getting enough rest. I plan to squeeze in a nap this afternoon if at all possible before my piano students, who will be here from 2:30-4:30. Before then I have to go to work for an hour or so (oh yay...love my job but it's been TOO MUCH this week), hit up Costco for some ingredients for the dinner I'm making for my mom tomorrow, and feed the family some lunch. Whew.

I'm glad tomorrow is an optional day. I will either rest or take an easy bike ride if the weather permits.

No comments: