Monday, May 09, 2011

pain :(

The pain was pretty bad today in my shin. It wasn't so awful this morning and early pm as I was home watching Calvin and his friend Nate, who have the week off of school. But when I went to work at 2:45 pm things got bad. I was there for only 2 hr, but it was long enough and I walked enough for my shin to really, really hurt. I actually did not walk that far, either. Seriously.

I'm quite worried now. I iced it a lot, stretched a lot, and am elevating it now and compressing w/an ace wrap, but I just don't know how this can get better fast enough. There is nothing else I can do, though, so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed. It's still hurting quite a bit just walking around the house.

If it's still really painful tomorrow I might call in sick or just go in to work for a reduced amount of time if at all possible. That will be hard, as the boss is pushing to get the last data done for the paper we are submitting this month. I love my job, but this is a bit stressful...

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Goodness, I am sorry to hear this.

Lantis Lani said...

I'm so sorry that you're having one problem after the other. I also have Sketcher's Shape Ups that I bought in the US last summer. They came with an instructional DVD, but I haven't watched it. I just put them on and started wearing them. My shins were a little sore for the first few days, but I assumed that was because I am so sedentary. I guess this is a good reminder to bring several pairs of shoes on vacation to Germany with me next week and work up to it before putting any serious mileage on the Shape Ups. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you recover in time for your race.

Nyle Sunderland said...

Hope you are feeling much better. I trust jim and follow his advise but you will come right.

You are so going to rock it this weekend.