Thursday, May 05, 2011

15K

This week is crazy. Lots and lots going on at work. Heaviest training week before the 15K. Miscellaneous stuff for the kids; 2 Mother's Day things I need to attend, etc. Also a symphony concert tomorrow night and play on Sunday night. Eeek!

Late to work so this is brief.

Weather: 40F (4C). Calm and clear. Very, very nice. It was almost light enough at 5:50 am for me to see my watch w/o the backlight.

Today I was to do 15K. I felt great for the first 5K - amazingly great. I did it in 30:29 and it felt easy! The 2nd and 3rd 5Ks were harder, but not bad, and I felt pretty good. My legs were tired for the last uphill slog but my splits were consistent. 31:12 for the 2nd 5K, and 31:15 for the last 5K (with the uphill! Wow!). Total time under 1:33! Yay! It was 1:32:57 for 6:11/km with ave HR 149. Very good. I'm getting better!

Garmin connect data here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man. I did a 1:42:xx 15K tonight, and my heart rate was 157, much higher than yours and you did a faster pace! Good job, I have great respect for that pace at this distance.

Tammy said...

Thanks, Sarah! I really think now that I can break 2 hr for 20K! Last year my coach said I could but I really didn't believe him. This year, my training is SO much better that I think I believe now!

Still...I was amused to read Rachel Seaman's blog and she was talking about 6:00/km pace being so slow she felt like she was marching! hahaha! That is fast as far as I'm concerned :)! LOL!

As for heart rate, you know that different people have different max HR so you can't really compare that directly. And you are doing SO many kms right now! Your coach is giving you such long workouts - I am impressed that you can do them so well :). Keep it up and can't wait to meet you in Sac!