Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yeah! A great workout!!!

I'm so thrilled w/my workout this morning. I did a speed workout at the track. Warmed up and then did 6x800m. I was going to do 10k pace (4:42) but felt so good that I went faster. I did them in 4:31, 4:32, 4:33, 4:33, 4:34, 4:30. I felt great the whole time and I'm sure I could have done a few more if I needed to. I had no GI trouble whatsoever, and I feel SO relieved. I am becoming more convinced that I had some 24 hr virus earlier this week, because what happened Tuesday night is not typical for me, even when I am having problems.

Well, regardless of the cause of Tuesday night's troubles, we are moving on to the next challenge. Tomorrow is 4 miles easy + weights (the weights because I skipped them on Wednesday and want to get them in!) and then Saturday I'm doing 20 miles easy. My strategy for Saturday is to 1) stay off lactose today & tomorrow, 2) eat a light meal Friday night and not eat after 6 pm, 3) use gels, gatorade, and water on Saturday morning (no breakfast), and MOST importantly, 4) SLOW down to no faster than 11:00/mile and HR under 135 the whole way.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Yay! for the successful workout and no GI problems. Sorry that's been such a bugger. Just had to smile at your plan to do "20 miles easy" - because for the vast majority of us, that is a total oxymoron! You go girl!