Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wed & Thurs walks/weights

Wednesday - walked 40 minutes easy before my weight training class. Was going to do 60 minutes, but got up too late. Oops. Oh well; still got in just under 4 miles (3.8ish?). Felt pretty sluggish and was still a bit sore from Monday's weight training session, but by the end of the walk I was feeling more upbeat.

Today - was going to do a 60 minute tempo walk, but again, I got up a bit late and was feeling really grouchy and not in the mood to walk. What's with that? I'm not sure why I've been feeling this way this week, but whatever. I decided I'd just do some easy walking, so I took the dogs. After 10 minutes of easy warming up, I felt much better and decided to get in whatever tempo walking I could before I had to get home to take care of the kids. So I did 35 minutes fast, at heart rate ~160. I felt SO good, and I wished I had left earlier so that I could have done the whole 60 minutes I had planned. Oh well! I cooled down for about 5 minutes. Total time about 49.5 minutes for 5.1 miles. Lesson learned! When I don't feel like going, I might have the best walk of the week!

Added later - AND, I passed 2 runners in the park today. I love passing runners :).

No comments: