Saturday, September 06, 2008

Things I saw this morning, part 3

 
The LDS temple in Bountiful was our start/finish for today. I do think that the Mormon temples are beautiful, though my husband opines that the architecture is a bit creepy, especially the Salt Lake Temple. However, there's something about the tall spiky wrought iron fence around the Bountiful Temple that sends a bit of a mixed message to me.

I finished my 12 miles in 2:05:34 for about 10:28 per mile. That's just about where I wanted to be; my schedule said to do 12 miles at race pace. If I have a great day, then 10:30 is a good race pace (not counting stops; that will add at least 10-20 min to my time, depending on my GI stuff). But I'm betting that my actual race pace will be more like 10:45 w/o stops or 11:00 with stops. Anyway, for training, 10:30 is a good estimate for a day when I'm pushing a little harder. My heart rate was in the low 140s for most of the time this morning, and other than that 1 stop, I think it was a pretty darn good day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! I find them rather creepy too.