Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A two workout Tuesday

Yeah, I was a glutton for punishment today! The truth is that I decided that even though I had a TNT track workout tonight, I really needed some exercise this morning to warm up for a day of watching my kids plus Sarah's 2 kids too. So, I did an easy 4 miles from my house to Liberty Park, around the park, and back home.

The track workout was great, too. I did 4 laps warm-up, some flexibility drills, and then 6x800 with 400 recovery. My 800s were 4:32, 4:33, 4:30, 4:32, 4:32, and 4:29! Yowza! That last one I was really pushing very hard, but I wanted to finish strong.

Good thing I did those workouts, because I made peach pie today (yes, again; the photo is of last week's pie, though) with peaches that Sarah brought me from her tree, and it was SO GOOD that I HAD to have 2 pieces. Gulp. I'm still within my points for the week, though. I have no idea how I would maintain my weight without all the racewalking. I like to eat!

My husband, who of course is not biased or anything, says that no one makes pie as good as mine. I'm sure someone makes better pie, but I really thought this one was amazingly good.

No comments: