Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Lactose; workout.

After 3 days off lactose, things are much different. Without going into details, I believe I have found the culprit, and I am very happy about it. I'm not happy that I've developed lactose intolerance, of course, but I am thrilled to have figured out at least part of my GI issues because hopefully that will mean much happier long walks for me :)! We'll see. I'm only scheduled for 12 miles on Saturday but that's far enough that I should have some idea if there has been improvement or not. Usually the GI trouble starts about mile 10 or so.

This morning I did 1 hour easy racewalking (easy pace, but I did hills, which was hard - went from HPER at the U over to 11th Ave via Federal Heights and then back) followed by my weight training class and lots of extra abs at the end. Felt good. My walk covered about 5.6 miles in 58:34, for about 10:28 per mile. Seems a little faster than I was probably going so I'd guess my iPod was off by a bit. Anyway, it was a good workout.

In other news, I seem to have lost a filling. Ugh. I will have to get it fixed ASAP as the tooth is hurting after only a few hours. My dentist is not open on Fridays so I have to get it fixed tomorrow and will be scrambling to find a sitter so I can get it done. Life is never boring around here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a big proponent of soy milk. It tastes just fine on cereal and in milkshakes. And I take a Lactaid just before I eat ice cream or yogourt. My sister takes acidophilous before ingesting dairy, and that seems to work for her.
Sorry to hear about your tooth! :(