Thursday, September 18, 2008

Easyish 7.65

7.65 miles is an odd number, but it happens to be the distance from my house to SugarHouse Park, around the park, back past my house, over to Liberty Park, around the park, and back to my house again. It's one of my favorite routes, and it's what I did this morning.

The weather was warm (61F - perfect!) and the full moon was out when I started. It was light by the time I finished, 1 hr 19 min and 1 second later. Average pace: 10:20/mile, and average heart rate about 140. I think my technique is continuing to improve, because earlier this year, my goal was to do the Salt Lake 1/2 marathon at a 10:15 pace (which I did, in April). I pushed really hard to finish the 1/2 at that pace. This morning, I did a 10:20 pace and it was easy to moderate, pushing just a little. Granted, it was only 7.65 miles, not 13.1, but still, I feel like I am more efficient and things are easier than they used to be. This somehow surprises me, like I shouldn't still be making gains in my efficiency at this point. I mean, I don't feel like my training is any harder than it used to be (though I have been putting in more mileage, which does make a big difference). Anyway, I am still making progress - and I'm happy about it!

No comments: