Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mile repeats

This morning our schedule called for 4x1 mile repeats (well, actually 1600m repeats at the track). I didn't feel like going to the track. Was just not in the mood to racewalk in circles today, so I decided to do my repeats in the neighborhood. I have a pretty flat course marked out for 1 mile, so I did them there. I walked over and back for warm-up and cool-down (about 7-8 min each way; a little short but OK).

I wanted to do each one a little faster than the last. However, I started out pretty fast, so it was a challenge! I did the first one in 9:18. Wow! But I felt great, so I decided to really push myself. I did the rest in 9:16, 9:12, and 9:08! Pretty darn speedy, and my heart rate after the last one was only 167, not too bad considering how hard I was pushing. Recovery in between each was about 1-2 min - long enough for my HR to get down below 120. Average HR including recoveries and warm-up was 150. All in all, a fabulous workout, and no GI distress :) (I really do think maybe I had some sort of a virus last Tuesday).

No comments: