Thursday, September 18, 2008

Team Cookbook!!!

In case you missed it ;), I'm doing a marathon with Team in Training on October 19th. The purpose of this race is to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. One of our team members, Danielle, put together a super cookbook for us to use as a fundraiser. We got the cookbooks last week, and they are quite nice - spiral bound, heavy cardstock cover, and tons of fun features inside (substitutions, measuring aids, index by contributor, etc.).

These books have the team members' favorite recipes in them - everything from appetizers to desserts. I personally contributed a bunch of the recipes (about 25?); a lot of the other recipes look really awesome, and I'm looking forward to trying them (in all honesty, there are a few that look like duds to me, but most of them look pretty darn good!). In all humility ;), it is worth the purchase price of the book just to get my recipe for Peppermint Stick Torte - my favorite holiday recipe!!!

I bought 25 of these from Danielle, and I am going to be selling them with 100% of the proceeds going to LLS (yes, I am donating the cost of the books - so whatever you pay for the book is going straight to the society). This is where YOU, the reader of my blog, come in. It seems like about 30-40 of you read this every day (!wow!), and I would love it if you helped me out by purchasing a cookbook for $15.

So, if you want one of these, or if you have questions about the cookbook, please e-mail me at tammy (at) kaminy (dot) net, and I'll be happy to get you one. If you need it mailed, please consider donating $5 to cover the cost of shipping, to make a total of $20 for the book (if you buy more than one, I'll ship them both for $5). These would make a great Christmas/holiday gift, especially for a recipient who not only enjoys cooking but giving to a good cause as well.

If you hate cooking and don't know anyone who likes to cook, you can still donate to LLS here.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy, I really like the cookbook for charity idea! I hope you sell them all, have you considered trying to list them on eBay? Quite often charity listings on there go for much higher than a person would expect, especially if it has 100% giving works feature on it.

I am working on helping Kina Grannis get exposure for her Leukemia and Lymphoma Society marathon in October. I think this is a really good cause to do events for. Although I am not close to anyone who suffers from it, I know that can change at any time and I want to support the people who do events and marathons, I know it takes a lot of training to get in shape and stay in shape. I am currently working on getting into better shape, but I am way off from running a marathon (I can run about 1/4 a mile before wearing down).


If you are interested, you can read about Kina Grannis here. Feel free to comment the article explaining about a charity event you or someone you know may be doing, the more exposure the better!

Don't forget to add a link for your info page in the comments, if it starts getting many comments I will add them to a post of their own as well.