Monday, September 22, 2008

wacky workout



Today was, well, interesting. The weather was windy and cloudy when I got on my bike to ride to weight training. About 2/3 of the way there, it got very, very windy, and started raining sideways. Oh boy. By the time I got to class, I was quite wet and cold. Class was great, because we got some new machines that are AWESOME, but the whole time I was wondering how the ride home would go. To my relief, when I walked out the door, it was merely drizzling a little. I had my jacket, so I felt OK about the ride home. Well, about 1/3 of the way home, I realized that my front tire was going flat. I really couldn't ride on it, so I started walking my bike. And yes, the rain began increasing again, of course. I knew I couldn't racewalk with the bike, but I wanted to get home faster than a regular walk, because Loren was waiting for me to get home so he could get ready for work. I decided to try to run, and surprisingly, it wasn't so bad, even pushing my bike with the flat tire. I had about 1.5ish miles to run, and it went fine. I got home about 10-15 min later than usual, and I was kinda wet. But it wasn't so bad, and now I've had an adventure already today!

Yesterday - I racewalked around SugarHouse Park at a fairly easy pace in 38:27, for about a 10:15-10:20 per mile pace. Funny, I didn't feel like I was going that fast.

No comments: