Thursday, September 04, 2008

Thursday tempo time

Yup, it's Thursday, so time for a tempo workout. I dread these, but y'know, they aren't really so awful, especially when they are over :)! This morning I started off the first 0.5 mile fairly easy (big uphill!) and then just sped it up through mile 1. Miles 2-5.5 were fast, at about a 9:45ish pace. My heart rate was in the low 150s most of the time; I would have liked to have it in the upper 150s or low 160s but I just didn't have it in me this morning to push that hard. I did about 5.5 miles in 54:02 and then cooled it off with the racewalking clinic (they were doing their warm-up).

I arrived at the track a few minutes late for the racewalking clinic, but fortunately Diane was there and had gotten everyone started (I was kind of counting on that, as I left my house a bit later than I intended; Michelle's baby monitor was out and needed adjustment and my sleepy brain took a while to realize that it was unplugged in the back). Despite my tardy arrival, the clinic went great.

Afterwards, Diane gave me a ride home and I spent the rest of the morning having the kids "help" me can fruit. Mostly they have not been a hindrance, which is about all you can ask :).

No comments: