Sunday, September 28, 2008

Walking and hiking

This morning I racewalked a very easy 3.9 miles around Liberty Park in 41:05. My legs were fairly tired at the start, but I knew I needed to walk today to loosen up after yesterday's 22 miles. After about a mile I felt better, and I really haven't been sore at all today. I did have trouble pushing myself at all this morning, so I didn't :). I kept my HR around 130-135 and that was just fine.

Later on, I had the opportunity to go hiking w/friends from church. We hiked from Silver Lake at Brighton to Lake Solitude and back; 3.5 miles. Calvin came along and he LOVED it - he did very well hiking and I only had to carry him for a little way. He enjoyed looking at the trees and he picked up some yellow aspen leaves to take home and show to daddy (who was home with Michelle, both sleeping!).

The trees are in their best fall colors right now up there at almost 9000 feet. It was a gorgeous day for hiking - sunny and clear with fluffy clouds, and maybe 65 degrees (maybe only 60?). Towards the end of our hike it got a bit cloudy and rained just a little, but it was still so beautiful. I took a lot of pictures with my small digital camera and was pleased at how well they came out. I'm so glad we went!

By the way, Calvin took the picture that is 3rd from the bottom.







3 comments:

Amber said...

WOW! I miss Utah so much this time of year! Thanks for posting these pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I miss fall colors so much. I love the one Calvin took. The persepctive is very cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful place.