Thursday, May 01, 2008

Someone forgot to tell the weather that it's spring...

 
May 1st, and this scene greeted me upon leaving my spinning workout at the U this morning. I think this is the first time since we moved here in 1999 that I've seen snow sticking in May. I have now seen snow in September - May! That only leaves June, July, and August snow-free. I'm not a big fan of the white stuff, but Loren is, so that helps. At least it's not sticking to the road. It's just above freezing (33.3F; 0.7C) so I think we may avoid that. Whew.

***

Spinning today was better. I was more prepared this time: wore the bike shorts instead of the regular shorts, and brought my water bottle. I adjusted the bike better, and was more comfortable. Though the bike shorts make me feel like I'm wearing an enormous maxi-pad, they are really helpful. Oh, and the water - for a 45 min racewalking workout in the early morning, I almost never bring water. I just don't need it. But indoors in the DRY and fairly warm air of the spinning room, I really need it. I also really liked the playlist the instructor chose today. She's going to burn a CD for me, which is awesome.

***

Errands/stuff today - library, get ink cartridges refilled for my printer, clean house, pick up license plates for the new car (if I have time; maybe I'll do this tomorrow? Why couldn't they just mail them to me?!), call a repair person for the swamp cooler. Our blower is out and despite the snow today I know we'll need it by the end of the month.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: