Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Recovery day; food & swamp cooler

1 hour easy walk this morning; did about 5.5 miles in 58 minutes or so. It was a totally gorgeous morning & the weather could not have been much nicer for my walk. It was 51F (about 10C) and I watched the sun come up over the mountains in SugarHouse Park. Right after I got home, the clouds rolled in and it's been raining on and off the rest of the day.

***

Bargains galore at the grocery store today. OK, food prices are up, but I still love finding deals. I got boxes of Fiber One bars for $1 each, 14 oz Cheerios for $1, 93% lean ground beef for $2.99/lb, and chicken breasts for $1.69/lb (all at Albertsons). The produce at Albertsons is generally lousy, so after I got that stuff, it was off to Smith's for the rest of my shopping.

***

Good thing I saved some $ at the grocery store, because we had our swamp cooler repaired today. The blower broke last September, and we were about to shut it down for the fall anyway, so we didn't have it fixed. I know we're going to want some cooling come the end of May, so we shelled out $239 for the new motor, pulleys, mounting clips and installation. Well worth it, since the swamp cooler uses lots less electricity than central air. Still, after the $815 for the roof last week, it's all starting to add up.

1 comment:

Annie Jeffries said...

Tammy, I wanted to let you know that i am going back to JC this Saturday. I'm starting all over again. I did manage to lose 20 lbs. but need to lose so much more. thank you for your continued inspiration.