Friday, May 30, 2008

Pre-race Friday

Biked to weight training and did some easy lifting; taught a few people some racewalking basics because the total body fitness class had to share our room today, and they wanted to learn some racewalking. I took them outside for a few laps around the Huntsman Center (basketball arena). It was fun!

I'm really getting psyched for tomorrow's race. I have no idea how well I'll do, since it's a hilly course and that will mean slower times. However, it's really a practice race for later this summer. I need to see how I'm doing in terms of my endurance, speed, etc., so I can tailor my workouts to where I feel weak. I want to peak in early August for the USATF Masters' National Championship races.

Anyway, tomorrow will be fun, and there are 7 Wasatch Walkers doing the race! That alone makes it all the more exciting. I'll have to take pictures of everyone at the finish, so I'll bring my camera phone.

No comments: