Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Early, and not-so-early

First, the not-so-early. Yesterday I turned my alarm clock off, or hit the snooze bar, or something. It was 6:14 and I wasn't out of bed for my 6:30 weight training class. I usually bike there, and have to LEAVE my house at 6:10. Oops. I decided to skip and just go for a bike ride, since I'd be super late if I went. I biked from my house up to 800 South, past the zoo, and a good ways up Emigration Canyon (past Ruth's diner, but not to the Sun & Moon Cafe) before I turned around and biked home. It was SO WARM I could have sworn it was a summer morning. Fabulous.

***

This morning I got up MUCH earlier. I had to get my workout in before the racewalking clinic I'm co-teaching (6:30-7:30 am). I got up at 4:17 because Michelle was crying for her binky ("nini NINI NINI!!!!!"), re-binkified her, and then rested for a bit until my alarm went off at 4:40 am. I got up, dressed, and was at the track just before 5 am (it's a 3-5 min drive). I warmed-up, and did:

1600m in 9:25 (goal 9:25)
1200m in 7:01 (goal 7:04)
2x800m in 4:36 each (goal 4:36)
400m in 2:19 (goal 2:18)
400m in 2:16 (goal 2:18)
400m in 2:09 (goal 2:12)

I rested about 1-2 min in between each interval, and that last one I basically just went as fast as my tired-out legs would carry me. 2:09 after that workout was pretty good, I thought.

Then it was off to teach the RW clinic with Diane. We had about 10 ladies show, and we got them started on posture and arm position, and we had a great time. This is going to be a lot of fun. We're teaching it on Tues & Thurs mornings for 3 weeks. The only bad part is going to be getting up early to do my own workouts first. Oh well - it's only for 3 weeks, and hopefully we'll get some new club members and get some people to sign up for Dave McGovern's RW clinic in July.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that is one hard workout for that time of the morning so those are some great times you did! I bow down to you. I am definitely not that fast in the morning.