Monday, May 12, 2008

not quite

This morning's workout: warm-up, drills, then 4x1600m in 9:25. Not quite. I did 9:27, 9:27, 9:38, 9:37. I just didn't have it in me to go fast enough this morning. I was moody and felt tired after our weekend away. At least I finished. I thought about quitting after the 9:38 but decided that a slow time was no reason to stop; the endurance is part of the training, right?

***

I should have posted this photo from the trip. My friend Sarah rightly pointed out that it's the best of the lot :). Michelle fell asleep in the backpack while we were hiking, and stayed that way even when I took the pack off!

***

Ironic: while sectioning newt limbs today as part of a study we are doing on the involvement of matrix metalloproteinases in limb and spinal cord regeneration, I was listening to a Scientific American podcast that mentioned the new Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine; our lab is currently funded by DARPA and is part of this new venture.

2 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

Hey - no matter what your time is, I think it's great that you are so consistent about working out. I've been struggling lately with motivation. This week I've just been focusing on getting 8 hours of sleep a night - and it seems I can't seem to do that AND get my workouts in. Anyway - thanks for inspiring me to try again. :-)

Sarah H said...

Love the pictures from your trip! Bryce Canyon is so amazing. I can't believe how big Michelle is! :)