Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another wet morning

I went to the track at 5:15 am and did 4x2k. It was drizzling and cold and breezy (6C; 43F) and I felt tired when I started. My times were very slow: 12:00, 11:46 (that one was the only fast one - my goal time!), 12:05 (UGH!) and 12:02. I just felt tired and discouraged.

True confession time: I have been eating way too much dessert. I can't seem to stop. I need help! I have not really gained any weight, so that's good, but the problem is that I'm trying to LOSE. I do well all day and then at night I am tired and sabotage my efforts from the day by stuffing my face, even though I'm not hungry; I just enjoy eating junk. AARGH! Fortunately I'm only eating enough junk to maintain my weight, so I guess it could be worse.

This had me in a funk this morning. I feel I need to take off a few lbs for Spokane (yes, I decided to go, and even booked the hotel). I ate junk last night. I was slow this morning, plus it was raining and cold. Not a good morning for me.

After the workout I felt a bit better, and taught the RW clinic for PEAK Academy. It was good - despite the rain, at least 10 ladies showed up to learn to RW. We warmed up, did flexibility drills, and then did a bunch of drills to teach them to roll through their feet from heel to toe and get good toe push-off. Then we did a little RW for a few laps, cooled down, and stretched. Next time we're going to do some more technique stuff followed by speed work to get them really in the groove. They all did pretty well. I was really wet after being outside for 2+ hours in the rain, though, and the hot shower felt amazing.

In kid news, I just made Calvin a chore chart and we're going to start giving him stickers for getting dressed, putting away toys, etc. He's excited about it!

Funny Calvin quote from yesterday: "I'll eat a good dinner if you make me green beans, carrots, and mushrooms. I'll eat a lot. That's a REAL dinner."

Pet news: my rabbit, Samson, has an eye infection. We took him to the vet last week ($169... ouch) and it's still not a lot better. I'm taking him again this morning. He might have to have surgery to remove the eye. How do you decide how much $ to spend on a pet? Especially when it's a rabbit, vs. a dog or a cat? Even more so when groceries and gas are becoming astronomically expensive? Where do you draw the line? I don't know the answer to that, but I am going to have to think fast. I love my bunny, but the sad reality is that he is 9 years old (old for a bunny), and money is limited.

All in all, I'm in a bit of a funk. However, it could be lots worse (this impacted me because I really like his music and he has 3 adopted daughters; plus, I'm afraid of this happening to my kids). I am grateful that everyone is healthy, we are financially solvent, and hey, we are going to ride on Thomas the Tank Engine tonight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear about Samson. I have a pet cat, and I often wonder what I'd do if she ever got really sick - money is tight for me too.

I'm also sorry to hear about your "funk". The good news is, is that these things go away eventually! I get in a "funk" at least once a year (or more!). Now that you have Spokane also on your plate I think you'll be able to get out of the funk and get back to business.

It sounds like its a tough time for you right now, a loss of a family member is rough, so give yourself a little break and come back in full force in a couple of days.

Plus, the weather is supposed to get better, so that's more incentive to get out there and work your buns off to look good!;)