Sunday, May 11, 2008

I haven't posted since when???

I just realized I have not posted since Wednesday. Yikes. Guess I got busy.

***

Thursday - did a threshold workout; 2x around Liberty Park in 26:40 (a record for me in training, I think!). That is my goal 10K pace for later this summer at the USATF Masters' Championships in Spokane, IF I can go (it's looking good right now, I think!). I felt good but it was really hard and I did wonder if I could really do that for just under 1 hour. Probably - but it would be painful!!! That is 58:54 for the 10K.

Later that day I took the kids to the zoo :). Fun times were had by all.

***

Friday - Easy 1 hr racewalking and then Kindermusik. Then packing for our camping trip! I only forgot a few things - ketchup, mustard & mayo (oops... our burgers were condimentless but at least we had lettuce & tomato!).

We left on our trip at 5:15 pm and got to the campsite just before 10 pm. Michelle WAILED as we set up our tent and I felt really bad for the other campers. Fortunately, she calmed quickly and we slept OK. It was windy, though, so I woke a lot from the tent flapping noise, plus had to get up at 2:30 am to use the bathroom. Woke at 5:30 and went for a 1 hr easy walk in the beautiful scenery (see next posts).

***

Saturday - after the easy walk, breakfast (COLD outside and kinda windy; was OK for the walk but not for sitting around - probably mid-30s). It warmed up quickly, though, and we enjoyed a day at Bryce Canyon National Park.

***

Today - REST day from workouts - just felt I needed to help Loren with the kids this morning. Kept them amused/sleeping until 7:30 am so Loren could sleep. Then we got up, breakfasted, and packed up camp. We went and did a gorgeous hike in Bryce Canyon on our way back home. Got home at 5:00 pm and pretty much unpacked. Tired now.

No comments: