Sunday, May 25, 2008

Better today

I felt better today, so I did an easy 4.5 miler with a few fast pickups; total time 49:11 for a 10:53 mile overall, according to my iPod. The dogs didn't like the pickups, and I was practically dragging them. I guess they like my easy pace better :). I am taking it easy this week because I am doing a 10k race on Saturday, and I want to be fresh & ready to go. Plus I've trained very hard for several weeks, so it's time to have an easier week and let my body recover a bit.

Then I have got to start planning my hard training for Spokane in August! I need to clamp down on the diet, too. I did very well yesterday but not so much today at the church picnic. I need to be more careful if I want to get a few lbs off before August.

Kids are napping after enjoying running circles around us in Liberty Park. Beautiful day today - warm (65) and partly cloudy. A little cool when the breeze kicked up, but all in all a perfect day to be outside. We biked to church today and to the picnic and back home, kids in tow in the bike trailer. It's a no driving day at our house! Maybe we can do this every Sunday and be a little more green.

I'm going to rest and read the paper now while I have the chance!

No comments: