Thursday, February 28, 2008

Zoo; "WHY?"

So, I did get to take the kids to the zoo for an hour. It was great fun, even though I was pretty tired. Calvin was so excited in the reptile house - he LOVED all the animals, especially the snakes he's been reading about with Daddy in his snake book. He looked at one snake and said, "Look, Mommy, it's a rattlesnake!". Sure enough, it was! Another mother nearby was pretty impressed that he knew that :).

Michelle was totally full of squeals of delight when we were inside the giraffe house. She loved them! She also really liked the video of the tigers and leopards at Asian Highlands.

***

In other news, this week Calvin has learned to say "WHY?". I had never heard him ask it before, but now he asks it all the time. I can see why people say "because I said so"... when he asks "why?" for the 3rd time about the same thing, it does get old. Here we go! My parents will be smiling, thinking about the payback I get to experience.

2 comments:

Sarah H said...

Hooray for the zoo! Stella loved the elephants. :)

I dread the coming of the "why?" stage. When my sister and I were little and asked "why?" too many times, my dad would say, "so little girls will ask questions". :)

Hunca Munca said...

I love the answer sarah gives, "So little girls will ask questions."
We also are going through the "why" stage with Alex. Oh my gosh, it is unbelievable how many times she asks and how hard it is to answer! She wants to know why the sun comes up every morning and goes down at night. At 3 she is a little young for the full lecture about the earth's orbit around the sun. My favorite answer for most all questions is becoming, "That's the way God made it."