Saturday, February 16, 2008

Workouts

Friday: 15 min racewalking followed by a total body weight training workout, including 3 min cardio (racewalking) in between sets. Great vigorous workout!!!

Saturday: 42 min easy racewalking (did 6.2k). I wasn't feeling so great this morning - was going to do 60 min, but took it easy. I have felt icky and fatigued all day + sore throat, so not sure what, if anything, I will do tomorrow. We'll see.

****

Progress on the Christmas poundage: in spite of the trip to New York, I am doing VERY well. I lost another 0.8 lb in the last 2 weeks, so I am back at 145.2, which is 0.2 over what I was before Christmas. Yeah! Now I just need to lose 5 more to be more competitive this summer at racewalking.

6 comments:

Sara Z. said...

I've been enjoying my workouts so much more with my heart rate monitor...and working out WAY harder. During my previous workouts I was probably barely getting my HR over 100. Yikes - explains a lot!

All workouts (almost every day) for the past couple of weeks have been great, but today I had major lead legs and just...blah, couldn't wait for it to be over. It felt like such a giant effort to do anything. Do you ever get that way, and what do you think causes it?

(Also, I'm excited about the recipes, esp. since you are also cooking for 2 at this point.)

Sara Z. said...

P.S. To clarify - the "blah" feeling is totally physical. I'm not talking about normal mental lack of motivation. I just mean feeling like your body is a giant, inefficient ball of lead.

Tammy said...

Sara,

That is great that you got a heart rate monitor. I have found that to be invaluable.

YES I totally have workouts where I have "lead legs" and just want it to be over. Sometimes it's because I'm coming down w/something or because I haven't been getting enough sleep. Sometimes it just happens randomly. Of course, the flip side is also true - sometimes you just have an amazing great workout and feel blissfully wonderful, and who knows why? Anyway, when I feel like that, I usually just keep going, because I'm too driven to stop :). I want my activity points!!! Sometimes if I keep going it feels better, and sometimes it gets worse.

Tammy said...

clarifying the last comment - when I feel lousy I usually keep going ... of course I keep going when I feel good! :)

Sara Z. said...

I wonder if it could be connected to hormones. I'm feeling generally PMSy.

Tammy said...

Sure, I think PMS could do it. I don't have a lot of personal experience with that (thank goodness) but seems reasonable.

Then again, it might just be random. Some days are just like that. Tomorrow will probably be better, if that's any comfort.