Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday tempo time

Today's workout: Easy warm-up to Liberty Park (13 min) then 2 loops at tempo speed of 85% MHR. In actuality, I had trouble pushing hard enough this morning (oh, for a partner or friend to push me, but runners are faster and most walkers are slower...) and so my heart rate was in the upper 150s instead of 162 where I really wanted it. My times were slow too: 14:20 for the 1st loop and about 14:35 for the second. Oh well. At least I got out there and put in the effort. Then I walked home slowly to cool down. My dog Copper kept up with me, no problem. I left Sahara at home, because she just can't keep up on the faster workouts (last time I literally was dragging her around the park!).

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I guess that you give the term "walk the dog" a new meaning. :-)

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Tammy. My tuesday is going so well. I've walked Sunday and Monday. Haven't walked today yet, but . . . Oh, and watch your email box. I forwarded something from you from Quanah. He was totally stoked when he saw your video. Annie