Thursday, February 28, 2008

no zoo yet

Didn't get to the zoo this morning. Took a rest day from working out; woke feeling a little off, so decided not to push it. Then Calvin wet his bed (despite wearing a diaper ---- it got too full and leaked everywhere) and I had to then do 3 loads of laundry. Pillow, comforter, blanket, sheets, you name it, it needed washing. I would have just waited, but then where would he nap this afternoon? So, while waiting for the laundry, I tackled the next project: sorting out Michelle's outgrown clothes. I pulled out all her 12-18 mo and 18 mo stuff and boxed it up to give away. I then got out all the 24 mo and 2T sizes and went through it all. There is SO much that though I filled her dresser and closet with it, I still have a whole box to give to my friend Dez for her daughter Becca (who just turned 2 and is about Michelle's size - taller, but thinner). It's great! My friends have been more than generous in giving me great clothes for Michelle, and now I get to share some of them :). Anyway, by the time I finished the laundry and the clothes sorting, it was 11:45 am, and we were all hungry. Now the kids are napping.

The zoo gate is open until 4 pm, and since we have a membership, it's still worth it to go over there for a short time (we only live 10 minutes away). So I think after the kids' naps, we might just do it anyway. I do still need to clean the house, but it can wait :).

No comments: