Friday, February 22, 2008

Frenetic Friday

I usually keep too busy. Today was no exception.

Workout: 15 min racewalking, then a really great weight training set designed by our instructor, Steve. I wasn't so sure about him at first, but he is turning out to be one of the best instructors we've had. He comes up w/very creative workouts and knows how to push me to do my best.

Morning: Took the kids over to Sarah's to play with her kids (Alex & Sam) for a little while. Then we all went to Kindermusik. A great morning was had by all - busy, with the 4 little ones, but Sarah and I still found a little space to talk.

Midday: After dropping the kids off at school, I went home and quickly ate lunch. Then it was off to a dr appt (more on this later) and then to work.

Afternoon: A few hours on the confocal microscope, looking at my in situ hybridization experiment. I think it worked! Yeah! We're trying to get in situs to work on mouse tissue, because a collaborator is sending us some regenerating digit tips so that we can see if they are expressing a gene we are interested in. We got some day 11.5 embryos from L so that we could test our probes, and though we got questionable results the first time, and weren't sure of our results the 2nd time (needed more controls & better tissue), I think the 3rd time was a charm. Whew.

Evening: Picked kids up from school, then took the family to the Utah gymnastics meet. A great time was had by all. Now kids are in bed and I'm catching up on stuff.

No comments: