Thursday, February 21, 2008

A lesson from my workout

I woke up feeling horribly tired. I did NOT want to go work out, and pressed the snooze bar far too many times. Finally, I dragged my sorry behind out of bed and drove to the gym, getting there 30 min after I intended to. I did my workout and it felt AWESOME. Silly me! If I hadn't have gone, I would have missed out on the best workout of the week.

I did mile intervals in prep for the 1/2 marathon in April. I did 211m (1 lap) recovery inbetween. 1st mile in 9:55, 2nd in 9:57, and 3rd in 9:47. I was pushing myself a moderate amount; I wouldn't say it was a hard effort, but it wasn't easy either. Still, those were pretty fast times and I was pleased, especially with the last one when I was tired.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job! I always find that the workouts I don't really want to do are the ones that end up being the best!