Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wasatch Walkers workout

Met the walkers at the Field House at the U, and had a fabulous workout. I did 8x422m (the track is 211m) at 5K pace (2:25, assuming 28:45 for the 5K) with 2 min rest inbetween. Had no problem completing the workout, and could have gone faster (of course, that was not the goal, but it was nice to feel like there was more speed in there somewhere!).

Talked a lot w/Diane about summer and fall plans. I might do the Nike Women's marathon in SF in October, with Team in Training, to raise $ for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, since my dad was diagnosed w/leukemia a little over a year ago.

Still thinking about the CRIM in August; also considering the USATF Master's national championships in Spokane in August. We'll see what I can talk Loren into :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's some fast repetitions! Good job! I vote for the CRIM, I'll be there! Haven't looked into Spokane yet, but there will be Canadians there participing since it's the week after our Canadian Masters Championships in Regina, Saskatchewan.