Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New York City, part 2

Got up early on Monday to work out, because the TODAY Show producer was coming to our hotel at 8 am. So because it was still dark and it was VERY cold, I did 30 min on the treadmill (racewalking, easy) and 30 min on the elliptical. Then I showered, had some breakfast, and Loren and I walked over to the NBC studios, a short 5 min walk (the producer called and asked us to walk over and she'd meet us there, because it was so cold).

We walked inside and down the stairs to the "groom room". There were 5 or 6 stations for hair & makeup, and 3 dressing rooms. They had some couches to relax on, and lots of food, but I wasn't hungry - too nervous & excited. The COOLEST thing happened when we walked in - one of the makeup artists said, "Oh, are you one of the fitness models?". That was a GREAT moment. I never thought in my life that I would ever be mistaken for a fitness model.

So first they did my hair. The hairdresser was very complimentary, saying I had nice hair w/good texture. He said I had a lot of hair, too - I wanted it up to show my shoulders better, and he tried to put it in a French Twist but there was no way it was going to stay. So he opted for a classy ponytail look with hair wrapped around 2 ponytails in the back. He said I had more hair in the TOP ponytail than many people have on their whole head! It was fun to be complimented so much :).



The makeup artist got started then, and she did a great job. I hope I can remember some of the things I saw her do, because I'd love to have my makeup look like that all the time. She did have to shake her head at my horribly bushy eyebrows that have no shape. She plucked and shaved but said she didn't have enough time to make them perfect. They do look better, though.



Pretty soon I was all dressed & ready for the show!



I'm going to have to blog more later because I really DO have to get ready for work now :)! Don't worry, I'll finish the story as I get time.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Tammy, we watched the show yesterday and you were AMAZING! You were so calm. I loved when they showed Loren and kept talking about him "beaming." :-) We loved your hair in the ponytail - it looks very good pulled back. You are so lucky you have such a lot of it. :) I liked how you talked about the emotional and spiritual issues of weight and body image, and overall you were very inspiring. Again, congratulations -it was such a thrill to see you on TV! Welcome home.