Friday, February 01, 2008

Today Show update

So, we did find a babysitter (thank you, Sherry!!!) to watch our kids. Even better, she is taking piano lessons for her son in exchange for babysitting. Trading is always a nice thing, especially when it comes to taxes.

Also, they are going to fly us to NYC on Saturday instead of Sunday, and all we'll have to do is pay for the hotel for Saturday night! Yippeee! So we'll get to do a little sightseeing while we're there. We'll be gone early Saturday to late Monday. How fun is that?

It's been a busy couple of days. I spent about an hour on the phone with the producer the other day, getting interviewed about how it felt to be fat, in excruciating detail (y'know, it made me really glad to be thin now, remembering all that stuff), and talking about fitness & other stuff. I then spent about an hour writing an essay for the show, which I'll read as a voice-over above a slide show of "before" pictures/videos. This morning I was on the phone w/her several times again about the essay, travel plans, etc. Next I'm to speak with Joy Bauer, who is the Today Show's nutritionist. From watching some of the segments online, I expect that she will be talking to me in great detail about my before and after eating habits. They usually lay out typical food that you used to consume in a day, and compare it to what you do now. On Monday, I have to go downtown to KSL (our NBC affiliate station) and read the essay I wrote on tape for them to feed to NYC to the producer. Wow. It's really fun, but it is taking a lot of time. I'm so excited!

Here's a link to the website, so you can see what other participants' stories are like.

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

I'm excited to watch this!! :)

(Sarah H)