Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New York City, part 3

I'm really tired and my cold is horrible, so am I in bed? NO, I'm here blogging the rest of my story :).

While I was getting hair & makeup done, the producer came and talked to me and gave me some last minute instructions and told me what we would probably talk about (there was no script, but a general outline of things we'd cover, including how it feels to be thin, the turning point, describing people's reactions to the "new" me, etc.). However, there were a few surprises, including the apricot Jell-O. I had NO idea they would do that and I thought it was great (if you don't know what I'm referring to, watch the video and you'll know).

Then I got to meet Joy Bauer, and we just discussed a few things before the show. She was very reassuring and wonderful to me. She is quite knowledgeable about nutrition - it's not just some PR thing she does. We had a good conversation about the latest research on artificial sweeteners, and we agreed that they are a great tool when used wisely. She is also just as tiny as she appears on TV. I felt like amazon woman next to her!



Pretty soon it was time to go up to the set, and they walked me around it to tell me where to stand when I walked in, etc. It wasn't too complicated, and I had fun looking around the set and checking out the large TV cameras in the room.




Before I knew it, they were running my "before" pictures and then they told me to walk in to the set. The next few minutes passed so quickly, and though I was nervous, the only way I knew it was that my right leg was shaking during the whole interview (though not enough to be visible, I don't think). I totally LOVED how they got a shot of how much Loren was grinning at me. He has been such a tremendous support!



I felt good about how it went, but wasn't really sure until I saw the video when I got home last night and realized that it did in fact go very well. What a relief! It was so fun seeing Hoda Kotb (the host) get so excited about how great I look now, and it was a privilege to have the chance to address so many people and give them some encouragment and inspiration. I just hope some of them take some advice from the show and are able to become healthier as a result.

OK... that's it for now because I have to get some sleep. I have more to post, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Wow. I saw all of your New York posts.

I know that your husband loves you for your brain and other good qualities, but he has to be proud of you in other ways. :-)

I am glad that you had such a good experience.