Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Weights on Wednesday

Today I only did a very little bit of racewalking to warm up for weight training. We did a great total body workout in weight training.

As for the rest of the day, I grocery shopped, helped a friend with her taxes, played w/the kids, did some laundry, and made a yummy new Shepherd's Pie recipe from Joy Bauer's "Food Cures" book. She gave me a signed copy when I was on the TODAY Show, and mentioned the recipe to me specifically, and so I had to make it. It was great! The kids loved it too.

Then I made a delicious dessert (Gingerbread Roulade with Rum Cream Sauce) from my new cookbook called Small Batch Baking. I only had a teeny bit because the points value was pretty high, but it was SO good!

3 comments:

Sara Z. said...

I have Small Batch Baking! It's a handy little book when you don't want 18 servings of a dessert in the house.

Annie Jeffries said...

I'll have to take a look at Joy's cookbook. Don loves shepard's pie.

Last night I made a Jenny recipe. Took cooked vegetarian enchiladas, stuffed them into a green bell paper cut in half, baked, and ate. Yummmm, and next to no calories (around 320). Huge single serving and so good.

Tammy said...

Yum - that enchilada recipe sounds super. Isn't it amazing what a great recipe can do to fill you up on few calories? I have never eaten so well as I do now, and I am thin :)! It's great!