Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Utah State Fair



My mom and I took the kids to the fair yesterday. It was a blast! They rode the ferris wheel for the first time, went on lots of other rides, saw the cows, sheep, pigs, pigeons, and rabbits, ate fish and chips and deep fried snickers and chocolate bacon, watched the pig races, played with science-oriented toys, looked at the home arts (quilting, sewing, canning, baking), watched a cake-ball-making demonstration (& got to try some!), saw antique tractors, got a close-up of a working beehive, looked at giant vegetables, and saw a sculpture of cows made out of butter. Wow. That was a lot! No wonder I was so tired when we got home. It was SO much fun for all of us, though. They are finally old enough that it's more fun than chore to go places like this together.

Oh, and I did NOT eat too much :)! I brought some of my own food from home, and just had tastes of all the good stuff. It worked perfectly!!!

Here are the rest of the photos.

No comments: