Tuesday, September 07, 2010

back to racewalking :)

This morning my coach had me do 10K instead of the planned 8K fartlek, because we're a little unsure about my IT band. I think that was a good call; my knee felt fine for the most part during the 10K, but is still twingeing (is that a word?!?) slightly here and there if I sit for prolonged periods and get up, etc.

So - the 10K. The knee was about 95%, I'd say. Maybe it's in my head, but there were a couple times that I thought it was on the edge of hurting, but I can't say it actually did hurt. I know that sounds weird, but that's how I felt.

Other than the knee, it was a fantastic workout. I focused a lot on the form suggestions Erin had for me when she was here, and I think it's starting to click. I felt strong this morning and good! I did the 10K in 1:02:43, 6:16/km, with ave HR 149. Pretty fast :).

Splits (2K):
12:24 (downhill)
12:23
12:33
12:38
12:42 (uphill)

A good workout. Garmin connect data here.

I had a nice endorphin kick afterwards, and felt so much better. Ahhhh...I love racewalking!

I am definitely getting fitter and faster. Compare this to some 2Ks I did at the track on March 30th: 12:16 and 12:29! Of course my HR was MUCH lower doing similar splits today. It's nice to see progress.

I'm planning on the 8K fartlek tomorrow. Hopefully my leg is up to it. If I feel any pain at all I'll stop; I have a half marathon on Saturday with my friend and I definitely want to do it!

No comments: