Thursday, September 16, 2010

lots of cross-training

This has been a nice easy week, workout-wise, for which I'm glad, because it's about to get much harder.

I cross-trained yesterday; bike 30 min, elliptical 15 min, then weight training. Today was an optional day, and I decided I'd feel more awake if I did a short workout, so I went to the gym for 20 min bike & 20 min elliptical.

Tomorrow is a 5K fartlek, and then I have 20K on Saturday. I might have to go a bit easy on the 20K after the fartlek, because though my coach had a day in between with 8K scheduled, I had to switch my long days to Saturday instead of Sunday, and this was a good time to do it, since the 5K fartlek is a short workout, even if it's hard. The reason I switched my long days? Because in the winter when it's too nasty to do 30K (18.6 miles) or 35K (21.75 miles) outside, I have the option of training at the Utah Olympic Oval on their 442m track, the largest indoor track in the state. Yeah, it sucks to do 35K on a track, but it sure beats the alternatives 1) do it in the snow, or 2) do it on a treadmill. The Oval is open early on Saturdays (5:30 am) but not on Sundays, hence the switch.

***

I'm still not getting enough sleep. I have been doing better on the food (much better!) but not so much on the early bedtimes. Last night I watched a movie with Loren instead of going to bed, and now I'm paying. Yeah, I'm tired. Tomorrow I only work in the morning, so maybe I can squeeze in a little nap. Or better yet, I should go to bed on time tonight. Hahaha...that's probably not going to happen.

No comments: