Wednesday, September 29, 2010

biking

Originally I was supposed to do 15K w/2x12' fast segments today. But my foot intervened, and so I was re-assigned to cross-training for 2 days. Bummer. I'm icing it right now, and have already iced it once today. It doesn't hurt as much as it did yesterday, which is good, but I can tell it's still not so great.

So I went biking this morning. It was warm enough that I dared to bike outside; we've been having a warm September, and it's been glorious weather. I am grateful for it! It was 55F, and that is shorts and T-shirt weather for racewalking, but not for biking. I did wear shorts, but opted for a long-sleeved shirt and brought along a jacket and gloves for the downhill part. I needed them!

As I biked I noticed the km splits - I was biking uphill, but they were still pretty slow. Good thing I'm a racewalker, not a cyclist! And granted, I do have a very heavy road-mountain bike hybrid, good for commuting but not so good for racing. I wasn't even going as fast as a good runner, going up the hill anyway. Coming down was much quicker.

Uphill 40 min, downhill 18 min. Total 58 min. Ave HR 131 (that includes the downhill, so not too bad!).

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: