Tuesday, September 14, 2010

10K

This is an easy week (ahhhhh!) so just 10K today - nothing too hard. The weather was lovely this morning, as it was sunny and in the low 60s. September is great here, and I'm soaking it in because I know what is coming.

I started off nice & fast, doing the first 4K in about 25 min. Then I slowed a bit but still kept a 6:30 or less, finishing the 10K in 1:04:15 for 6:26/km. I felt good and was focusing on using my glutes more. My right piriformis was bothering me a bit so I suppose I'm still not doing it right. That's frustrating, but I'll just have to keep working on it and hopefully one of these days it will click a little better.

I had my phone with me (I usually do, in case of emergency), and someone called about 8.9km - I looked out of curiosity, and it was my coach! That was funny! So I picked up and told him to call me back in 7-8 minutes, that I'd be home by then and could talk later. I think he thought it was amusing that I'd pick up my phone while training, but since it was just an easy 10K, I figured I should at least tell him to call back soon. He didn't, so I guess we'll chat later.

No comments: