Sunday, September 05, 2010

plans altered due to IT band: cross-training!

Today I was going to RW some more, but my right knee was still somewhat tender, so after consulting with my coach we decided to make today a cross-training day. I did do a nice longish (1 hr 10 min) workout since I'd been planning on a decent RW workout.

Our church had a s'more-a-thon (our annual tradition) at Church Fork picnic area up Millcreek Canyon. I decided I'd bike there, as I knew it would be a nice challenging ride up the hill. Loren brought the bike rack in the car so I could just ride home in the car, as it would be dark and chilly-ish by the time we finished eating and making s'mores over the fire.

I thought it might take me an hour and a half to bike up there, but it was only about an hour, so I biked a little farther up the hill to get an extra ten minutes or so. It was a good ride! Total of about 573m of elevation gain in 17.25 km, and lots of fun :). It was enjoyable, but I am looking forward to racewalking again soon, assuming my ITB recovers enough to do so.

Tomorrow is an optional day. I might just rest and go to work early (I switched working tomorrow for Friday so that I could hang out with Erin and Dave while they were here) so that I can get home earlier and ease Loren's burden of watching the kids all day alone. He's not used to it! I am used to it, but they still can get to me, so I want to make it a bit easier for him.

Garmin data here.

No comments: