Tuesday, September 28, 2010

foot is achy

My left foot, the one I injured last summer, is aching again. It's the peroneus longus tendinitis acting up. It's not hurting a lot, but it's definitely noticeable again, even when not racewalking. I noticed it once or twice during the last week but wrote it off, thinking it was nothing. Last night it was bugging me and I thought it was the shoes I was wearing or something. But this morning on my walk I was sure it was the tendonitis :(. So, after 4K of a planned 10K I turned toward home and only completed 5K. Then I went to the gym and did the elliptical (which doesn't aggravate that injury) to finish out the 1 hr 5 min it would have taken me to do 10K. I followed that up with a bunch of my PT exercises for my foot. I'm not sure what to do now, but I'm hoping that if I do the PT exercises faithfully again and take some anti-inflammatories that maybe I won't have to scale back too much on the racewalking. We'll see. I'm not a happy camper right now at all. In fact, I'm pretty upset.

Garmin connect data here.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ice. Be a hypochondriac. Chances are, it is something that will go away.

But these things come on when you are nearing your best shape. The edge is oh-so-thin.