Wednesday, September 08, 2010

stupid, stupid, stupid...

I did something very stupid. We ate dinner at a nice restaurant last night - very nice. I ate a good amount. I had dessert. Then I did a hard workout this morning. I paid the price.

I warmed up well; 10:12 for 1600m (1 mile). Not bad. But my intestines were already a bit crampy. I was concerned. But what could I do? So I did some dynamic flexibility drills & got started on the 8K fartlek I was supposed to do.

I was slow today. 2:51 and 2:52 for the first two 500s, for 5:43 for the 1K. It got worse from there. All the fast intervals after that were 2:54-3:00, and the slow 3:11-3:17 except the last slow one was 3:21 (I was in severe distress). After the 6th km, I almost stopped. Well, I did - I stopped my watch and walked around for a minute or so and almost left, but then I felt a little better and decided I could pull out the last two. I did one more, and then I KNEW I had to stop RIGHT THEN. I got in the car and drove to the gym and I did make it to the bathroom, thank goodness.

Total time for the 7K fartlek was 43:03; I was about on pace to do 49:20 for the 8K, which is not that good, surprise surprise.

My splits are here, if you care...I don't care at this point. I'm just mad at myself for being so stupid.

***

Speaking of stupid, I've managed to eat way too much crap again. Regularly. Despite my vow a couple weeks ago not to do so. It's not good. I was 153.2 lb this morning. I'm really upset about it but can't seem to get in the groove again.

I'm sure a lot of the food issues are related to lack of sleep/rest/down time. I've been running like crazy since Calvin started kindergarten and the schedule is killing me. I think it's just that I've had a lot of unusual stuff going on in addition to the schedule change. I am hoping after a couple weeks things will settle down a bit. That's probably not realistic, but one can hope.

Sorry this is kind of a downer post. I'm really OK, just need a little rest.

Not sure what my workouts are for tomorrow & Friday. My coach and I will have to chat tonight. I do know that I have a half marathon on Saturday with my friend, Sarah, and I am woefully undertrained. Thankfully I'm not racing it, but I am accompanying her and I would like to not slow her down!

No comments: