Thursday, September 09, 2010

return of the GI problems :(

Today's 10K was not that great. I was very tired (had to get up early to make it to work early to leave early to take Michelle to Kindermusik) and my legs were fatigued from yesterday. I kept to 6:30/km pace anyway, for 8K. After that, the GI issues surfaced again and just getting home was all that mattered. I only did about 7:00/km for that last 2K. Granted, it's a slight uphill, but still...not my best. I was just glad to get home to the bathroom :(.

I think I might have some kind of virus. Usually, racewalking-induced GI stuff gets better within 10 min of stopping. Not today. I felt rotten for at least 2-3 hr. Loren said he heard something was going around.

Anyway, it was not the best workout. 1:06:11 for the 10K, for 6:37/km.

My IT band felt fine though it did bother me a bit later in the day walking out to my car from work. I think it's on the mend, though.

Tomorrow is a cross-training day, and Saturday is the half marathon with Sarah! Yay!

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: