Sunday, September 12, 2010

rest day

I took a rest day today. My GI system is still feeling somewhat off; last night I was up late because it hurt, and this morning up early for the same reason. Then I couldn't fall back asleep :(. I had to go in to work for 45 min this morning, and between that and not feeling very well I decided to rest. My coach instructed me to cross-train today and take an optional day tomorrow, so I'm just switching the two. I'll either bike or do the elliptical + stationary bike tomorrow; probably the latter, because it's dark and cold in the mornings now and I'm a wimp about riding my bike outside in the cold. Then I'll lift weights. That's the plan anyway.

***

So on my rest day, other than going to work and then church, I'm actually resting. I was tempted to nap, but I want to be able to go to bed early tonight so I skipped the nap. Instead I've been watching football (our team, the 49ers, is getting pummeled, sadly...), ordering prints for Michelle's scrapbook, picking out some wrapping paper to buy for Calvin's school fundraiser (if you want some, let me know - I'll send you a link), and other miscellany. It feels good to relax - I really needed it. My gut is still not super happy, but at least I'm resting and hopefully recovering.

No comments: