Sunday, September 26, 2010

cross-training...sort of...

I was to cross-train today. I thought about biking but I had book club this afternoon at 4 pm, so decided biking was out because that would be too much stuff in the afternoon (we were at my parents' house to watch football as well). I could have biked this morning I guess, but I thought it might be chillier than I'd like. So I decided to do an aerobics/light weight lifting video this morning instead. It's by "The Firm" and I've done it many times before, but it's been a while. Like a long while. Several years? Well, I discovered that said video is now waaaaay too easy for me. I did spend 45 minutes doing it, but the aerobics segments got my heart rate up to 125 at best, and the weight training segments, though harder, were too easy as well. I think my max HR was about 135 even on the hardest part. At least I got moving, did some toning, and the video does have a decent abs/core workout. Still...I think I'm going to have to come up with something different for cross-training. That one's not going to cut it anymore! Kind of a good feeling, but sad, too - I liked that video, and it's convenient for bad weather. The gym doesn't open until 10 am on Sundays, so that makes things tricky.

Going to bed now. I have a 12K kickdown in the morning!

No comments: