Tuesday, March 31, 2009

taking it easy

It's nice to take it easy for a few weeks. The Salt Lake Marathon is on 4/18, and I will be coaching our team members who are doing the half and full marathons. My next race will be in July, because I really don't have any Saturdays free due to my coaching. So, I'm taking it easy until the race for two reasons: 1) so that I'm fresh because I'll probably do a LOT of miles that day, and 2) because there's no reason in particular to train hard right now.

This morning my legs and glutes were quite sore from yesterday's hard weight training workout. I still wanted to walk, to loosen things up. I did 3.9 miles easy, around Liberty Park, in 42:18, for 10:50/mile. Things felt pretty good. It was still cold outside (31F) but at least the snow held off. I think it's supposed to snow tonight; tomorrow I will plan on some treadmill time before my weight training class, or something.

No comments: