Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Since the weekend...

I have been taking it pretty easy, though I have worked out every day. My hamstrings are still a little sore (probably from hiking UP that hill with Michelle in the pack). On Sunday, my hamstrings, calves, and obliques were very sore. My arms and shoulders were a little sore. By today (Wednesday) everything feels pretty good.

Monday - weight training class, with lighter weights and then some abs.
Tuesday - easy 3.75 miles around SH Park in 39:56 or so. Felt great.
Wednesday - easy 1.5 miles to warm up for weight training class. In class I did hip exercises, shoulder press, seated row, "sissy" squats (for quads), hamstring ball curls, calf raises, bench press, tricep pull-downs, bicep curls, and lots of abs.

I've been pretty busy with Team in Training stuff. It takes a lot of time to plan all the routes, e-mail participants, call them, and be there for workouts. Plus this week I finished the training schedules for the summer team. Good thing this is for a cause I believe in, because it's a lot of work.

I want to coach the fall team, but I have a feeling that is not going to be compatible with my Portland Marathon training. We shall see.

No comments: