Monday, March 09, 2009

Recovering

I rested on Sunday, taking only a short 1.5ish mile walk with my kids to the park. It didn't hurt at all. I enjoyed reading & relaxing and doing not too much of anything :).

Today I went to my weight training class and put in a good hard 45 minutes of various weights which I won't bore you with. After that, I came home and decided I still needed some cardio. I had put the bike trainer back in the garage, and was too lazy to drag it out, so I decided to try the treadmill. I did an easy 2 miles at an 11:00/mile pace, and nothing hurt. My IT bands were fine. Yay! I quit there, though, and then took the kids to have breakfast w/my racewalking buddies, who took me out for my birthday. It was quite enjoyable!

***

My weight has not budged, despite 2 really good weeks of eating very carefully. I'm not sure what is going on, but it is very frustrating. I'm considering going to see my doc and having him check my thyroid and anything else he thinks might be an issue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get my thyroid checked pretty regularly since my mom had a thyroid problem, but alas, mine is normal and not an excuse for my weight issues.

Larry said...

Tammy, glad the IT bands were better!

Larry