Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another swim

This morning I did some PT exercises on the weight machines at the gym, and then went for a short swim. I did 30 x 50 yds = 1500 yds in about 32 minutes. Pretty speedy, for me! I think I must be getting better at the swimming thing, because I really felt like I could have easily kept that pace for another 30 minutes :).

I am still not a huge swimming fan, but I did feel faster, smoother, etc. today, and it was more enjoyable. I think if I kept it up for a while I might like it. Maybe.

But I am still a racewalker!

Speaking of racewalking, I saw some pics today from the Masters' 20k championships in Huntington Beach, CA last weekend and it looked SO fun. When I turn 40 next year, that is going to be my first race, I hope. They have prize $ for the 1st place female over 40, and this year the winning time was 2:14:xx. I am pretty sure I could beat that, since my 1/2 marathon (21.1k) best is 2:14:12 (at least until Saturday, when hopefully it will drop to 2:10-2:11). Anyway, it would be fun to race and have a shot at winning. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

I think you should definitely go for that prize at Huntington Beach! I'm sure you could do it.
:-)

Elizabeth Richardson said...

You go get 'em Tammy!