Friday, March 06, 2009

Day 39: 40 days 'til 39

 Today we breakfasted together at Finn's, along with Sam, Michelle, and Calvin (Alex was at preschool). We each had Norwegian waffles with lingonberry jam and sour cream. Yummy! Michelle and Calvin enjoyed Jule Kake French Toast, and Sam had the Viking Plate - eggs, pancake & sausage. It was all delicious and I even allowed myself the rare morning cup of coffee. Usually I only drink coffee at night because it makes me SO hungry if I have it in the morning, but I enjoyed it today, and yes, I did get hungry later, but I kept my appetite in check at lunch, so it was all good. This was a very enjoyable breakfast and we will have to do it again!
Posted by Picasa

Here are some more pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I've never heard of Norwegian waffles. Here in Sweden we eat them with Lingonberry jam and whipped cream. In fact, my mother in law made them for dinner for us last night.

I have really enjoyed your 40 days of 40 and am sad to see it end. I hope you'll do it again next year. Happy Birthday (slightly belated)!